Hey everyone! Okay, so Blessings Counter from Counting Your Blessings One By One tagged me for this a looonnggg time ago. Like, embarrassingly long ago, but I haven't had the time to get it up until now. I was also tagged by Lauren from Lauren's Amazing World and Indi Raine from Raine's Reads. Thank you all so much for tagging me and I'm super sorry it's taken me so long to get it up!!
1). Thank the person who nominated you, as well as link to their blog.
2). Answer the 10 questions provided.
3). Come up with 10 more questions that relate to food.
4). Nominate at least 5 people.
5). Let those people know they've been nominated.
And here are Blessing's questions first! :)
1. Chocolate or vanilla?
Chocolate of course! Always chocolate. ;) Chocolate is my weakness. Which is bad. But yeah, CHOCOLATE!!!
2. Favourite dessert?
Chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. It's soooo good. ;)
3. Imagine that it's freezing cold, there's lots of snow, and you just came in from playing outside. Would you prefer to drink hot chocolate or coffee?
Apple cider! Oh, that wasn't one of the choices? Then definitely coffee. But just black without anything in it. I don't especially like coffee with sugar.
4. Favourite pie/cake?
Cheesecake. That sorta counts as both, right? I mean, it's shaped like a pie, but it has the word "cake" in it's name.
5. What is a dessert that you love making/is the easiest thing you can make?
Hmm, well I love making any dessert! Apple pie, pumpkin pie, chocolate cake, cheesecake. . .yeah they're all some of my favorites that I enjoy making. The easiest thing? Probably our 5-ingredient "cheesecake". It's super easy, quick to make, and everyone loves it.
6. What is a meal that you love making/is the easiest thing you can make?
Well, I love making a variety of meals. I'm in charge of our suppers, so I have to make sure I have a variety of meals planned for our weeks. One of the easiest things would probably be scalloped potatoes and ham. Everyone loves them and they're easy enough I can whip them together while I'm watching a movie. (And just so you don't think I cook in the living room, our living room and kitchen are semi-connected and I can watch the TV from the kitchen. ;) )
7. Is there a food that you hope that you'll never have to eat in your life time?
Sushi. Just looking at it makes me feel sick. I don't know why, I'm just weird that way.
8. The strangest dish you've ever eaten?
Well, my dad grew up in Brazil, so we've had a lot of Brazilian dishes. The strangest was probably Fejoada. It's made with pork and traditionally the feet of the pig are used in it as well. I've only had it once or twice, though my dad loves it!
9. Favourite mealtime? Why?
Supper. Because that's when we're all sitting around the table together. Dad usually isn't home for breakfast or lunch. :)
10. How do you make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich? :)
Get two pieces of bread, spread peanut butter on one side, and then with a new knife spread the jelly on top of the peanut butter. When you're finished, place the 2nd slice of bread on top.
Okay, now Lauren's questions! :)
1. What's your favorite type hot chocolate? (Dark chocolate, mint chocolate, with whipped cream, etc)
Peppermint hot chocolate!! :) With marshmallows. Of course, Raspberry hot chocolate is pretty good too!
2. What's your favorite type of sandwich?
Meat and cheese sandwich with dill pickles, lettuce, tomatoes, mayonnaise and mustard.
3. Favorite place to eat out and why?
Applebees! We go there as a family every once-in-a-while. It's about the only one we all go to together, so that's probably one of the reasons I like it so much.
4. Favorite Christmas cookie?
Sugar cookies! Our piano teacher makes the best sugar cookies and she gives them to us on our last piano lesson before Christmas. They're sooo good!
5. Favorite part of Thanksgiving day meal?
Cranberry relish! Of course, the pumpkin pie is good too!
6. How do you eat your dinner? (do you eat each different food by itself or do you mix foods together etc,)
I usually eat the vegetables first, then the side dish, then the main dish. When my plate is clear, then I'll get salad. :)
7. Favorite candy?
Sour skittles! Or chocolate truffles. We don't get either very often, so they're a special treat.
8. Favorite carnival food?
9. Favorite food to make over a fire?
S'mores! I love making them over our campfire in the summer!! And of course they're amazing!
10. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Rocky Road ice cream. Oh, that's not very healthy, is it? Okay. . .taco salad! We don't have it very often and it's one of my favorite meals!
Annnndddd. . .Indi's questions!!
1.) Do you like oranges or apples best?
Apples. Because I can eat them while i'm reading without their juice getting all over the pages of my book. ;)
2.) Do you prefer whipped cream or ice cream with pie?
Whipped cream!! It's usually not quite so sweet, which I like!
3.) What is your favourite berry?
Blakcberries! We hardly ever get them! When we went to the west coast this past summer they were EVERYWHERE!!!! And they were all sooo good !
4.) Have you ever eaten sushi? If so, did you like it? If not, would you want to try some?
Tried it once and really, REALLY didn't like it. Never want to have to eat it again!
5.) Do you like your food separated on your plate, or can different items touch?
I don't really care, but I generally don't like it when my sweet things get into the salty foods.
6.) Have you ever eaten apple sauce on pizza?
What??? Nope, never thought of it. Not sure if I'd like it or not. . . ;)
7.) What is your favourite drink (non-alcoholic, you understand!)?
Iced black tea! I normally add some stevia and lemon/lime juice to it. I drink it all day. My siblings tease me by saying it is possible to live without iced tea, but I always shake my and say it's not. Dad and I are about the only ones who actually enjoy iced tea, so I'm happy. It means I don't have to share. B-)
8.) What colour of icing would you use if you were decorating your own cake?
Yellow! I love the color yellow!
9.) What jelly bean flavour is your favourite?
Well, we don't have jelly beans too often, but I really like the green apple. The marshmallow is really good too!
10.) Have you ever eaten a raw oyster or other kind of sea food?
Nope! We don't have seafood very often. :)
Well, that's all of them!! That you all for tagging me; I had fun answering the questions!
And I nominate:
Rishona at Theraublog
Rebekah at Rebekah's blog
Lydia at C'est La Vie
And here are my questions for them!
1: What is your favorite thing to cook?
2: What is your favorite kind of chocolate? (i.e. dark chocolate, milk chocolate etc.)
3. What is your favorite kind of seafood?
4. Favorite fruit?
5. If you could have any food you wanted for breakfast, what would it be? (In other words, what is your favorite breakfast? :))
6. What is your favorite cookbook?
7. It's a hot summer day. What do you want to eat/drink cool off?
8. What is your favorite "fictional" meal? (a meal you've read about in a book and wanted to try.)
9. You just came in from sledding. What do you want to eat/drink warm up?
10. Have you ever utterly ruined a meal? If so, what was it? (I know, it's sorta a mean question. . . ;))
I know I'm supposed to tag five people. . . but I think everyone else has already been tagged. Of course, I'd LOVE to hear all you guy's answers to the questions in a comment. :)