On Monday, Dad dropped us off at church at around 9:30am on his way to work. He dropped us off early (We were supposed to be there around 10:15) because he had to get to work, so we just sat in the foyer and read some books we had brought. Around 10:00, some of the other families started arriving and dropping off their children. By 10:35, a group of ten of us plus our Pastor and the lady from church who would serve as our camp nurse, were on the road and headed toward Ark City, KS!
About 12:00, after an hour and a half of playing numerous games of Catchphrase, and good-natured teasing, we arrived in Ark City and stopped at McDonald's for lunch.Then we headed on over to camp and got unpacked. Then, Sarah, (my sister) and I went up to the Chapel and helped one of the counselors set up the chairs.
We had the first Camp meeting at 2 o'clock, then is was swim time, cabin activities, and after that, free time until supper. After supper we had Chapel, then we played team games until around 9:00. Then it was canteen(snacks) and free time. Cabin devotions was at 10:00 and lights out at 10:30. The first night(Monday) we went to bed right away, but the next three nights, after cabin devotions, the Senior guys and Senior girls cabin would go down to the pavilion along with our cabin counselors and play games such as Mafia, Zub-Zub, Carpet ball, volleyball and Mafia again :-)
On Tuesday we got up at around 6:00 (Camp hours are seriously crazy!) and cleaned up the cabin before going up to the chapel for the Girls morning devotions. After devotion, we went down to the dining hall and had breakfast, then the senior campers (ages 13+) went to Bible quiz time, while the junior campers went to Morning Chapel. After Bible quiz, we had Bible memorization, Morning Chapel, then God and I time. Around 10:50, everyone went to the main building and got organized for team games. From 11:00-12:00 we played different games. Tuesday wasn't my favorite, as we played Water balloon volleyball...definitely not a game I'm very good at!
At 12:00 was lunch, then guys swim and girls cabin activities, and at 2:30, afternoon chapel. After Chapel, it was Girls swim and guys cabin activities, then free time until supper. After supper was chapel, canteen, skits, free time, and Cabin devotions. Around 10:45 we went down and played games until around 12:15. Tuesday we played Mafia and Zub-zub.
Monday, June 2nd. Evening Chapel
8 Truths about Salvation.
1. We have a choice in salvation. God will not force us to be saved, neither will he keep us from being saved. It is a choice we alone must make.
2. There is time limit for salvation, and one day it will be to late to be saved.
3. We cannot be saved simply by knowing about Jesus. We must have a personal relationship with him.
4. We cannot be saved by simply fellowshiping(talking) with Jesus.
5. We cannot be saved by listening to the preaching of Jesus.
6. We cannot be saved until our sins are taken away by Jesus and he has paid the price for us personally.
7. We are doomed to hell unless we believe on the saving blood of Jesus Christ.
8. God will willingly save anyone and everyone who is willing to be saved.
Tuesday, June 3rd. Morning Chapel
Honour-to value very highly.
When children are trained and taught at a young age to honor the parents(Ephesians 6:1-3), it makes for a 'strong' culture. Honoring parents is for life. Even after they are dead, we still need to honor them in our attitude, words, and fulfillment of their wishes.
God has given us the result of honor...not a reason to honor. We need to do it simply because God said to.
If your parents discipline you, and when they tell you something, it means a great deal. Appreciate it and don't disregard it.
Lastly, our honor is not based on their performance. They are human as well we need to give them the honor because it is their due. Not because we think they deserve it.
Tuesday, June 3rd. Afternoon Chapel
1 Chronicles 13: 1-11
Characteristics of a grateful christian
1. A grateful christian will have a grateful heart
2. A christian that is grateful knows his God and calls upon his name. We need to glory in our God.
3. A grateful christian enjoys his relationship with God.
4. A grateful christian speaks about his God.
5. A grateful christian is dependent upon his God
6. A grateful christian remembers his God. The very nature of God's words will immediately result in his action.
Tuesday, June 3rd. Evening Chapel
1 Corinthians 3:12-17, 1 Corinthians 6:19-20, John 16:12-24
3 sins commited against the Holy Spirit by non-believers
1. Resisting the Holy Spirit
2. Doing insult to the Holy Spirit
3. Blaspheming the Holy Spirit
3 sins committed against the Holy Spirit by Believers.
1. The sin of lying to the Holy Spirit (Being a hypocrite)
2. The sin of grieving the Holy Spirit
3. The sin of quenching the Holy Spirit
How do we quench the Holy Spirit?
7 ways we quench the Holy Spirit
1. When we fail to follow his guidance
2. When we fail to meditate and magnify God in our life.
3. When we fail to acknowledge and confess our sin
4. When we doubt our salvation
5. When we have an opportunity to witness and fail to do so.
6. When we fuel our fleshly nature and fulfill the lust of the flesh.
7. When we neglect the Word of God in our public and private life.
I hope y'all enjoyed this super long post! Sorry it took me so long to get it up. Hopefully the next 2 camp posts will be posted in short order :D