Pages

Monday, January 11, 2016

The Earliest Memories Tag

Okay, I've decided I realllyy need to spend some time and catch up on all the fun tags I've been tagged in these past couple months. 
For this one I was tagged by Bethany from A Great God and Good Cocoa 
Thanks for tagging me, Bethany!

1. What is your earliest memory?
Ummm, I remember when I was almost three and my sister was in the hospital. She was born 3 1/2 months early, so she was there for quite a while. I remember having to dress up in a funny gown, wear a mask, and wash my hands for two minutes before we went in the room. I LOVED being able to go and visit her. :) 

2. What is your earliest memory of a birthday?
 I vaguely remember my fifth birthday. We had quite a few friends from our church over and we eat outside. that's about all I remember. 

3. What is your earliest memory of a food?
I remember eating so much clam chowder I was tired of it. ;) I think I was 4 and we lived in Washington at the time. Some neighbors of our went clamming all the time and they would always bring us back a whole bunch for us; so much that it got to the point we were having clam chowder every night. 

4. What is your earliest memory of a gathering?
 Other they church it would have to be my fifth birthday. :) 

5. What is your earliest memory of family?
When I turned six we moved to Kansas. Soon after that, my aunt and Uncle on my dad's side came down to see us, so we had them as well as our grandparents over to our house. 

6. What is your favorite memory?
 The night I recieved Jesus as my Saviour. :) Other then that? Probably the time last year when my grandma was in the hospital. I had stayed at the hospital to be with Grandpa during the surgery and then we had gone to her room afterwards. Some close friends of ours came to see her and then their mom stayed with Grandma and the dad and 2 boys took Grandpa and I to get dinner. I can't remember the last time I had so much fun! :D

7. What is your earliest memory of a gift?
On my 5th birthday, my aunt got me a glass china tea set. It was sooo pretty!

8. What is your earliest memory of an embarrassment?
I honestly don't remember being embarrassed at all when I was little. I mean, I'm sure there were times when I was, I just can't remember them. There are only 3 events that come to mind of when I was embarrassed, but they are all pretty recent. The earliest was when I was 14. We had gone to a lake for a picnic, and it had iced over. It was pretty shallow in the area where we were, so dad said the ice was thick enough along the edges, and if we stayed right next to the shore it would be fine if we wanted to walk on it. 
We did and it was fine, but then I went and got a stick because I wanted to see how think the ice was further out. I stayed next to the shore and tapped the ice about five feet away. To my horror, the ice broke broke and I careened forward, lost my balance and. . .promptly fell in the water. My sisters both screamed and ran to get Dad. I could swim and the current wasn't too bad, the water was just really cold. My brother helped me back onto the ice (the only one of my siblings who has stayed with me) and everything was fine. . .or so we thought. Well. . .obviously, someone had seen the ice break and called 911. So just think firemen, police, and even someone from the local news pulling up. . .yeah. It was really, really embarrassing

  9. What is your earliest memory of when you were scared?
The first time I went to the dentist when I was five. I think I thought he was going to pull my teeth or something and I was terrified.    

10. What is your earliest memory of a camp?  
When I was five or six, our church went on a family camp to Vancouver, B.C. It was sooo beautiful!! I dearly want to go again sometime
 
11. How young were you when you received Christ? (optional)
I received Christ as my Lord and Saviour in 2012, when I was fourteen years old. Up until then I had just thought that since I had been raised in a Christian family and gone to church,  God would surely think I was good enough to go to Heaven with my parents
A month after I turned fourteen, somethings happened that showed me just how wrong I was and how much I needed a Saviour. Honestly, the peace that Jesus gives when you have given your life into His control is worth so much more then the world has to offer!

And. . .that wraps up the questions!  Thanks, Bethany! I had a lot of fun answering them all. :) 

17 comments:

  1. I had so much fun reading your answers! Especially the breaking ice one! How terrible! Thanks so much for doing the tag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I'm glad you enjoyed them!! :)
      Yeah. . .the breaking ice was memorable in a totally horrid way. ;P
      You're welcome! Thanks for tagging me! :)

      Delete
  2. Your embarrassing story beats the one I was going to use when I do this tag. If I had been in your place I would have been mortified--and cold--but mostly mortified.
    This was fun to read Jesseca!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. . .I was mortified. I actually don't remember being too cold; I think the appearance of the fire and rescue team was enough to warm me. :P To this day I haven't gone back to the park. Not that I'd be dumb enough to do it again, but the memories of being there are NOT the best.
      I'm glad you enjoyed reading it and I can't wait to see what your story is!! :)

      Delete
  3. Glad you did this tag! It was fun to learn more about you! It seems we were saved at similar ages! That's awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lot of fun to do! Although I didn't exactly enjoy telling *everyone* the embarrassing story. ;)
      Yes, that is so amazing! :D

      Delete
  4. I had fun reading your answers, Jesseca! :) Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I loved reading your answers!! *laughs* I think your embarrassing moments definitely tops mine. ;) I've been in the NICU once (until the nurse realized I was only 12/13 and 'too young' to be back there. :-/ )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. . .I don't think a lot of people have had that kind of embarrassment. . .;) I still get teased about it.
      Oh, really? Were you visiting or were you in the hospital?

      Delete
    2. I was visiting. :) A girl at our church had a preemie baby.

      Delete
  6. I really enjoyed reading your answers and learning more about you, Jesseca! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cool tag and a great way to get to know someone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Abigayle! I'm glad you enjoyed. And yes, it is a really good way to get to know someone!
      I love the spelling of your name, by the way. It's so pretty. :)

      Delete
  8. I hope you're not still behind on your tags, because I have one to add to your list: https://awellcultivatedmind.wordpress.com/2016/04/18/top-ten-villains/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think my earliest memory is when I was three and my mother was rocking me to sleep whilst singing me a lullaby. For some reason I remember that vividly but I do not remember anything else surrounding that time.

    ReplyDelete