Pages

Friday, July 17, 2015

A song and verse for the weekend--Oh, to be like Thee

Alrighty, It's been way to long since I posted on here! ;) I've got a couple posts planned for this next week, but for now, here's this week's song and verse.

This is my favorite song. I'm not sure if I've posted it on hear before, but if I have, it's been while. :) I love the words to this song; all the verses are so good.
Well, okay, enough of my talking. :D I hope y'all have a good weekend!!

2 Corinthians 3:18
But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.
The song doesn't have all the verses, so here all five of them are in order ;)

Oh! to be like Thee, blessed Redeemer,
  1. This is my constant longing and prayer;
    Gladly I’ll forfeit all of earth’s treasures,
    Jesus, Thy perfect likeness to wear.
    • Refrain:
      Oh! to be like Thee, oh! to be like Thee,
      Blessed Redeemer, pure as Thou art;
      Come in Thy sweetness, come in Thy fullness;
      Stamp Thine own image deep on my heart.
  2. Oh! to be like Thee, full of compassion,
    Loving, forgiving, tender and kind,
    Helping the helpless, cheering the fainting,
    Seeking the wand’ring sinner to find.
  3. Oh! to be like Thee, lowly in spirit,
    Holy and harmless, patient and brave;
    Meekly enduring cruel reproaches,
    Willing to suffer, others to save.
  4. Oh! to be like Thee, Lord, I am coming,
    Now to receive th’ anointing divine;
    All that I am and have I am bringing,
    Lord, from this moment all shall be Thine.
  5. Oh! to be like Thee, while I am pleading,
    Pour out Thy Spirit, fill with Thy love,
    Make me a temple meet for Thy dwelling,
    Fit me for life and Heaven above.

1 comment: